Do you parent like your own parents? What did they do to you that you now do to your own kids?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I totally don't like my parents at all... my dad don't care about his child even don't remember the names correctly nor birthdays... as long as you don't step on his tail or go police station, he wouldn't care at all... there was not much communication around... my mum just work and support us... i don't remember being hug or praise by her in my whole life before... all i remember is like strangers living in the same house... everybody just do their own things in the same house... I tell myself not to do the same... i will always give hugs and kisses to my child in the morning and at bedtime... Family day is a must to do activities together and find out about each other... seriously communication is very important in a family... i am still trying to learn how to care and love for one another since i did not have this experience during my childhood... before i have a child, i will keep asking why i was here and what is the meaning of my presence... the only thing i can remember being taught of is what i cannot do such as stealing, cheating... just watch "crime watch" and you will know what you cannot do... but there is nothing for me to appreciate life... i would have been a living corpse if i don't buck up and find ways to distract myself... during my school life i have so many eca to keep me busy everyday except Sunday where i will hide in the room and just study... most importantly i would not compare my kid with other kid unlike what my mum always did (she zoomed in my flaws but never see my strong points)... my child is the way he is and i will try my best to grow up together with him...

Read more
7y ago

Thanks Carla for your encouragement... i am glad to join this chat forum... though i do not have support like some of my friends who have helps from their family... at least i know where to get some good advice from... :)