Hi is it ok to switch baby milk powder to another brand? I am overseas now and i think my milk powder is running out! What shd i do?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is ok to switch powder but perhaps you can get a small tin first. Then for the first day you replace one of his feeds with the new powder or for first day you replace one scoop of the powder with the new one for all the feeds and then increase to two scoops on second day. If he is fine , no fussiness , no loose or too hard stools it should be fine to switch. But of course try to find the same brand if you can even if it is manufactured in different countries but same brand. You can perhaps try to find their expats supermarket? Usually the more expensive expatriate supermarkets will carry more brands. Where are you btw?

Read more
8y ago

i cant find the same brand too. will check out the bigger supermart..im in korea..heading back in 2 days time but running out of fm...gosh

Which country are you in? A number of brands are actually the same milk powder just branded differently when in a different country - like Aptamil and nutrilon. If you are gonna swap, swap amongst the same brand - example Abbott to abott.

Yes you can. Start with small sachets if possible to check if baby is taking it or not. Baby might not adapt to new taste at this point. So better to keep it as similar as possible

Its not the ideal scenario, but when you don’t have an option, it’s ok. Wean it off, overlap it so that it’s not sudden

Yes it is okay to switch, like the rest have mentiomed. Try and test out a small tin first. All the best. :)

VIP Member

Hi... yes, you can switch infant formula. Get your hubby or helper to buy the milk powder

Yes you can always switch as long as your baby do not have any allergies

Ok as long as your baby can take it ie similar taste

VIP Member

yes as long as lo can drink it

VIP Member

Np , it's OK to switch