Don’t like my MIL

Is it normal to resent my MIL? I gave birth to my LO this year and things went downhill ever since then. At first our rs, pre baby was fine. She literally minded her own business. It took me a while to have a baby because my husband and I planned for it. My MIL started saying things that I could be the problem we are still childless, I should go do this and that. It made me cry but I just passed it off as, she meant well. Which I do believe she did. Who doesn’t want a grandchild. Bla bla bla. I got pregnant. And honestly, she doesn’t give a damn about me LOL. I only had my family and husband. Anyway, when I gave birth. My entire new mother experience was ripped away from me because she turned up at the hospital almost immediately after I gave birth with many other people. She was selfish, very selfish. She held onto the baby, and made sure her people all touched the baby. She also forced people to carry my baby and ask them to kiss the baby. Mind you, she came so early, I didn’t even had the chance to carry my baby till night time when everyone left. Anyway, during postpartum, she did so many things that hurt my feelings and I can’t look past it. She thinks she is the best mother better than anyone else and best part, she didn’t even take care of her children when they were young LOL. Now, whenever we don’t visit her, she throw sarcastic remarks. Actually wanted to visit her more often but guess what, whatever I do is wrong in her eyes. She question my every action. Why this why that. Im open to hearing opinions and learning but everything I do is wrong. I dread being there. But I know my husband is sad about it. My MIL also say shit things to my mother. One if it is acting like my mother doesn’t know how to take care of me and my child. Now I try to like just be there when I have to and have small talks. I hate being there. I hate being her DIL. I don’t like her at all. She makes me feel depressed 😔

3 Replies

At point 1 when you mentioned about her blaming you that you guys don’t have any child yet, that would be the last time she will hear from me. Life is bitter enough and I don’t need more nonsense to make my life even worse. Cut her off till you feel better, nobody deserves to go thru all these. Tell your husband that it’s affecting your mental health and if he really cares for you, he should control and also reflect on his mother’s actions and give you time to accept her again. It’s not like you’re not trying, but if the other party doesn’t appreciate, then why bother right? I cut my mil off till she learns how to be nice else she thinks dil means i have to endure all her nonsense. So far she’s tamed lol.

First discuss how you feel with your husband, he needs to stand up for you and your baby. Now you guys have your own family unit already, he needs to learn to draw boundaries with his mother. His mother has no right to hijack your experience as a mother, and badmouth you and your mother. Most importantly is still to get your husband to go and deal with his mother, don’t suffer in silence anymore.. jiayou!

Sorry but where is your husband? 😒 he shouldn’t let you go through these on your own. Be it pre or post pregnancy. Is he on your side or?

My husband sound his mother everytime but my MIL don’t care 😭

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles