Insomnia

Hi, is it normal to be having difficulty in sleeping during the first trimester? or does it happen throughout the pregnancy?

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it happens. and its more common during the later part of pregnancy due to needing to wake up frequently to pee, and the big bump makes it difficult to sleep

I can't sleep well at night all the way from 1st -3rd trimester. keep waking up to go washroom. So I sleep in the afternoon for a few hrs.

For me, 1st and 3rd trimester haha. 1st cos of the night nausea. And third cos of the baby kicking like ⚽️

3y ago

same as u ladies 🤗 1st i had trouble sleeping cuz even sleep half way will wake up to vomit cause of nausea 3rd tri baby movements/braxton hicks can make it hard to sleep

it depend on the hormones changes in you, you might like to check with doctor for better sleep at night

VIP Member

Maybe anxiety causing difficulty in sleeping too so could happen throughout the pregnancy

I feel so active at night and very exhausted during day time.

I am afraid to sleep a lot during pregnancy. It may cause Pre-eclampsia during labor.

VIP Member

i had that throughout my whole pregnancy weeks. but each pregnancy is different. 😁

hi, this is my 7 week . on the night cannot sleep well n go toilet 2 times . 😔

It's not exactly thr insomnia for me.. Its peeing like 10000x per night 😡