Is it normal to hate the sound of crying babies, including your own?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Who will like bb cry? Somemore if u are in a super frustration mood... Juz to remind urself.. Keep calm but moving away for awhile.. When my bb cry and cry i tell him. U cry oso no point. No one at hm to carry u... Lol.. Like a 2 3 mo bb uds. I will take a quick bath and calm myself down Breath in n outl in the toilet... Den should b okl ba... Or do soemthing that u cant heard the bb voice.. Hahah.. Last time i even shouting to myself like crazy woman... Bb shout i shout.. Bb cry i cry see who louder. Hahaha.... This phase will pass it. So juz endure ba..

Read more

It is perfectly normal as we are humans. It can be frustrating or irritating for u esp at ur peak period. There are times I had to step out for a while, letting my maid took over, when the crying got on my nerves. I had to consistently remind myself that my babies are upset too and they r throwing temper to vent out. I must control my anger otherwise they will follow me. Hence, I have to have some self care in order to keep my sanity.

Read more

It's normal to dislike crying! Especially when the crying is happening in the middle of night (12 to 6am). Both parents are half asleep and get woken up. But the worse has to be when the crying is so loud, the Neighbours staying in the same block living up, down, beside and opposite get woken up by it too!! Face palm moment!!! We need HDB to build us better sound proof Walls or Ceilings!!

Read more

I reckon none of us actually hate it (hate to me, is a really strong word) but it sure is frustrating and can be irritating especially when you are tired. I mean, I find it equally stressful and devstating when an older child or adult cries and that is when I can actually ask them what's wrong. Imagine how it would be if it's a young baby who cannot tell you in words what's wrong.

Read more
VIP Member

i cant imagine anyone loving the sound of crying babies. I am lucky my daughter hardly cries. When she does I generally try to figure out whats going on. So check diaper, check if she is hungry, too warm (remove her clothes), or sleepy (then rock her to sleep). If none of the above, then I turn to the trusted old pacifier. :P I have never been in a situation where the pacifier has not worked.

Read more
8y ago

Hi, There are times when I put the pacifier but my baby just try to remove it or spits it out.. Do u have that experience as well?

I don't know about the rest, but I definitely find the sound of babies crying frustrating. I would think it is meant to be so, such that their needs will be attended to. I must stress that I have not done any research to see if there is any scientific explanation to it. Simply my own speculation.

Yes I think so, but everyone has different threshold. For me, I find a bit of crying acceptable, but my husband has zero tolerance even if it's just for a short while. The crying peaked at my son's terrible two stage. Unfortunately, crying is the only method of communication for babies.

I cant stand the sound of baby crying either. Its extremly frustrating and painful. Many a times my ears start ringing. Lol. Then again, dont worry too much its normal! Best to go back to basics especially when dealing with a young child. Stay positive dear!

VIP Member

It will be frustrating when the crying is non stop and includes screaming and yelling, my cute baby turns into a monster at that instant. However, he does have cuter cries when he just wanted some attention and that always tickle me

When my daughter was baby she always cried in the middle of the night. Made me and my hubby sometimes really can't stand for it. Parenthood really not easy. But now I'm glad and happy to see my precious grow up very fast.