Is it normal for babies to laugh without any sound?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you are seeing that, your baby is likely to start laughing (out loud) soon! Most babies have their first (loud) laugh at 3 or 4 months old. Some babies could laugh out loud easily while others may take awhile. Your baby will have to discover how to laugh. You can try to encourage your baby to laugh out loud by trying to make her laugh. Make funny faces, silly sounds and be animated while talking to her. Laughing is one of the ways a baby discover her voice and how to make “noise”. Be patient, you baby’s silent laugh will probably become one that could be heard soon! :)

Read more
VIP Member

Yes, I think that's possible. I only heard my baby express real laugh (with sound) when she's 4 months old and that happened very often that time. Usually she'll just laugh silently - you know it's laugh as her cheeks rise, shoulders bounce, dimples coming out haha! Then she started making sound laughs when she turned 6 mons and now she giggles whenever she finds smething funny and ticklish :) Sweet kid!

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-3272)

Yes thats normal. At the beginning our baby wasn't making any sounds either. But I am sure yours will start very soon.

thanks