is a normal food blender recommended for bb food or a baby food blender preferred instead? any to recommend ? photos pls*

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hmmm. I will say don't waste your money!! I was told it's good to have. And i used it once everyday 3 days, as i make 3 day rules portion. After 9 months, more of less, you are starting Porridge, i don't think you want to blend the porridge too. It's not recommend to give too fine texture to baby, if they get used to it, and lazy to chew, do u know you will have problems feeding rice, noodles, table food after 1 years old. No1 i used it and kept after starting porridge. (My intention was since i will have no2, say maybe it's a good investment, as can use for no2, in fact, become white elephant) No2, i totally didn't used it, instead i steam and mash manually and he is taking noodles, meat, fruits, etc very well. After you steam, most of the food is easy to mash. I will suggest you to get NUK mash and serve bowl. Cheap good and easy. Some food like potato, pear, after steam is very soft, hence easy to mash. (In fact, no2 i feel i'm more lazy to set up everything and freeze and defrost and wash so many parts and have to use vinegar to wash the inner part(blender) once of awhile. Manually is easier to make baby food instead.) There is other brand like Combi you see above, lucky baby or pigeon too. Manually is good, easy to try BLW together too.

Read more
Post reply image
8y ago

Hope it's help you too :)

I just use our home blender because it works just as well. What I do is I steam the food first and then put in our normal home blender and tadah! Fresh batch of puree! :-) But as most parents have mentioned here, after you have steamed, the food has turned quite soft and easy to mash with a fork. You can also mix in some breastmilk if you want a smoother or lighter consistency. How about you try steaming and hand mashing first before you invest in any blender.

Read more

The main difference between a regular blender and a baby food blender is that most baby blenders also come with a steam function like the popular Philips Avent (http://www.philips.com.sg/c-p/SCF870_21/avent-avent-combined-steamer-and-blender). This allows for your cooking liquids to be retained offering max nutrition for the baby. I would tag the baby blender as a nice-to-have appliance than a have-to-have appliance especially at the price tag they are at.

Read more
VIP Member

I just use a normal blender if necessary as it fuctions the same way too. Most of the time after you steam the fruits/food..its already quute soft for you to mash into puree. Sometimes can just use a fork to mash it. For me I have the Combi cooking set (see pic below) which comes with 3 different sets (mashing, grating and mincing) for different stages. Easy to use, wash and can feed straight to LO.

Read more
Post reply image
8y ago

thanks and will read up on this. ..

Hi Huishan mummy, Actually it is not a must to get any special food blender. After you steam your vegetables such as pumpkin or sweet potatoes, you can use your food masher to mash up the vegetables. You can also use any hand blender machine to blend well the vegetables. Happy exploring ☺

Read more

I use one and still using. I should have bought it earlier because it comes with sterilising, defrost, warming functions. Steaming vege until now as it has 2 layers I can steam different types of vege at one time. I even use the steam function to heat up food, and "double boil" tcm medicine.

A baby food blender, for instance, Avent steamer blender. has the function to steam the food while retaining all the nutrients benefits for the child, follow by blending the food to the consistency of puree for different babies age groups. I would say it's really handy and easy to use.

Yes dont waste your money. Better to buy a seperate blender, way cheaper then a babies blender. I domt like mixing blenders so i will seperate. Steam as usual and blend or like everyone else said, food masher is perfect!!!!

I bought one from beaba but way underutilised. Will recommended u to buy an all in one that includes steamer. Just blend and straightaway steam. Less work

I used normal food blender.. But only for a short while then we switch to using this kind to mash the food..

Post reply image