Back Aching At Week 12

Is it normal to experience extreme lower back aching at week 12 pregnancy? It started today not sure is it due to long standing on train and walking.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am currently week 12 too. I cope with ensuring I sit/stand still maximum 45 mins. I see my physio once a week to ensure it’s not bones stiffen, and learn simple stretching and mobility exercises. If pain persists, suggest you see a women health physio. Heat pack helps me in the night too, 15 mins with a towel. Hope it helps you, Mama! Jiayou!

Read more

Me too since 6 weeks pregnant. I do physio exercises once weekly and use hot packs at night. also for hubby to massage right buttock area due to hip soreness also lower back near the coccyx. lastly bought a pregnancy pillow this week is so comfy

As for me, i do experience lower backache during that period of my pregnancy. Its normal to be. However, if its bothering u or too unbearable its better to consult ur gynae. Meanwhile, u can get ur husband to help you rub your back or prolly soak/shower warm water.

Standing for too long can cause back aches. I had that too. A hot bag in the evening after your shower and some light massage from hubby helps. Don't lie down on ur tummy for massage though.

I think Is normal,I'm also 12 weeks using pregnancy pillow help the aching and do some stretching, make your sore better. also applied some medical patch/oil to it

ngalay lang po iyan mommy. ganyan din kc ako.. sabi ng OB ko hindi nakukunan ang ganun.. ngalay lang daw

For me I try not to walk too much or stand for too long. It will ease the backache.

VIP Member

Hi... it’s not normal to have extreme back pain. Please consult your gynecologist

VIP Member

Try not to stand for too long. Keep walking/lay down

Super Mum

Try not to stand or sit for long.