Lower back aching at Week 4

Hi, I just found out that I’m pregnant and currently at week 4 almost 5 and haven’t visit the gynae yet. No morning sickness yet, only feeling a little more sleepy and breast tenderness. I’m experiencing lower back aches. Is it normal to have back aches at such early stage? Also, any tip on how to make it less painful especially when I sleep?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on your pregnancy! It's completely normal to experience lower back aches during the early stages of pregnancy, especially as your body is going through significant changes to accommodate your growing baby. Here are some tips to help alleviate the pain and make sleeping more comfortable: 1. **Supportive Sleeping Position**: Try sleeping on your side with a pillow between your knees to help support your lower back and alleviate pressure. 2. **Warm Compress**: Applying a warm compress to your lower back before bedtime can help relax the muscles and provide some relief from the aches. 3. **Gentle Exercise**: Engaging in gentle exercises like prenatal yoga or taking short walks can help strengthen your back muscles and reduce discomfort. 4. **Proper Posture**: Pay attention to your posture throughout the day, especially when sitting or standing for long periods, to prevent further strain on your lower back. 5. **Prenatal Massage**: Consider getting a prenatal massage from a certified therapist who can help target specific areas of discomfort and provide relief. Remember to stay hydrated, maintain a healthy diet, and listen to your body's signals. If the pain persists or worsens, it's always a good idea to consult with your gynecologist for further advice and guidance. Take care and best of luck on your pregnancy journey! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Hi, I had lower backache at 5 weeks, massive period cramps but no period, slight headache, also no morning sickness up til week 8, vomit really came out. 6 weeks was just 'dry' vomit (throat moved but no vomit, yucky feeling). I also had some muscle fatigue, more lethargy, sleeping up to 9h per night plus taking 2h naps. Found out because my menses was late.. I am now at about week 11.

Read more

Hello, I didn’t experience lower back aches when I’m in the early stage. It’s more likely my backache comes from my job instead of pregnancy at that time. Maybe your backache is from your current job? Sitting and standing for long hours can result in backache too. You can consider doing some light yoga stretching for pregnancy. Just search on YouTube :)

Read more