Tests

Next mth I've to go for my glucose test. I asked few of my friends abt it. And they say they hate it. Did anybody experience it? What will yourl be given or what will they do. I gotta fast too cos of this test.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The nurse will take a blood sample from a vein in your arm, using a small needle. After the needle is inserted, a small amount of blood will be collected into a test tube or vial. You may feel a little sting when the needle goes in or out. For some types of glucose blood tests, you will need to drink a sugary drink before your blood is drawn. If you have diabetes, your health care provider may recommend a kit to monitor your blood sugar at home. The kit will include a device to prick your finger. You will use this to collect a drop of blood for testing. Read the kit instructions carefully and talk to your health care provider to make sure you collect and test your blood correctly. If you are pregnant and are being checked for gestational diabetes: You will drink a sugary liquid one hour before your blood is drawn. You won't need to fast for this test. If your results show higher than normal blood glucose levels, you may need another test, which requires fasting.

Read more

yes u need to fast for this test.. I think they all hate it cos of the waiting time.. cos u need to draw blood for 3 times st the interval of 1 hr each.. and also u need to drink 1 small bottle of glucose water which is extremely sweet and you cant vomit at any moment of period time.. if u vomit the glucose water, u need to redo the test..

Read more
5y ago

😃😘god bless

Super Mum

It's not that bad don't worry! Like the others said it's mostly because of the waiting time and the glucose drink. Just sip it slowly no need to gulp it down. You have to take 3 injections in the same day, 2 in the same spots lol. I did it at a mall so just walk around the mall during the waiting time

Read more
5y ago

Oh i see. thanks so much for the info. 😀

VIP Member

U will takes blood test before being given a bottle of orange flavour sugared drinks. Need to finish all and wait for another 1 to 2 hours to take a second blood test. U still need to fast during this duration until u take the second blood test.

prepare a bread so that you can eat it immediately after the last blood test. Do avoid walking around as your blood sugar will drop when you walk around affecting the accuracy of the result

Super Mum

You can do it mummy! Like what the other mummies said.. Nothing to worry about. Just that the glucose drink is abit disgusting in my pov. Remember to fast before the test.. Very important if not have to redo😱

they will first take a blood sample and then give you a suuuuupper sweet drink. and then will take 2 more blood test, 1 each hour

5y ago

Ahh.. Okok.. sure sure..

VIP Member

I hate it too! But its gonna depends on uhh