My newborn is having cough and flu for more than 2 weeks.what can i do to cure her cough and flu fast?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

please bring to see a doctor as baby is still so young. it could be mucus backflow due to small nasal passage OR it could also be a viral cough. So young babies have no immunity. Please go see a doc

Since your baby's still newborn, you should see the pedia right away. Your baby might need nebulizer to help loosen the mucus or might need antibiotics for possible infection.

VIP Member

Did you see a doctor? It could be a mucus backflow. please see a doctor least that it will become a infection or whooping cough which is deadly for newborns

You should visit the doctor. You can try to suction out nasal mucus using saline drops and a suction bulb or moisturize the air with a humidifier.

TapFluencer

A prolonged cough in a child is never good. Please see a doctor asap. You LO might need antibiotics if it has turned into bronchitis

VIP Member

Ideally would tell you to go visit the doctor and get him.her checked. Try giving him/her hot water with some honey and ginger in it.

5y ago

My bad I ignored the word newborn. Sorry

TapFluencer

You better see your pediatrician. Two weeks is a Long time for cough and flu.

Kindly consult a doctor before the cough get worsen.

VIP Member

Hi... please bring your child to see a doctor

please see a doctor as she's still so young