Any home and fast remedies to cure flu and cough with phlegm? My lo is 20mo.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Tulsi ka Kadha works wonders with common cold and cough in children. This kadha is soothing and helps relieve congestion. For children above 3 years, - mix half a teaspoon of tulsi juice with half a teaspoon with ginger juice. Add 1 teaspoon of honey. Give your child the above mixture 2-3 times a day till symptoms subside. - take 1 cup of water and add 4-5 leaves of tulsi; a small piece of ginger and 1 teaspoon of jaggery. Boil this mixture over slow heat till the quantity becomes half a cup. Give this to your child at least 2 times in a day.

Read more
VIP Member

Here are some home remedies you can try to break up phlegm: http://sg.theasianparent.com/your-kids-cough-what-you-need-to-know/ All these help to ease the symptoms, but it will still take time for the cough and flu to run its full course.

Read more

Make sure baby gets lots of rest and fluids. My grandmother used to make me and my siblings warm chicken soup whenever we had the flu and I don't know why but the cliche is true -- chicken soup always makes me feel better, even up till today.

Hi, you can add little salt in cow's ghee and heat it. Then let it cool a little and apply on your child's chest for chest congestion or cough. It really works.

I usually give flumicil for the phlegm, works very well for my son. Other then that water and adequate rest. I also rub vicks on his feet.

we use Mint plant leaves for babies to cure flu and cough. In south india, it's common practice. even adult can also use this.

rubbing vicks on the child's feet and wear socks to sleep. found it quite effective for my lo.

thanks