Sleep regression?

My newborn is 1month 8days. This week, I found that it is very hard to get her to sleep even during day time. She seems to be sleeping when carrying in arms, but wakes up once she’s in bed. Is this sleep regression? Any advice on what can be done to help? First time mom here. 🥲

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Sometimes its something called contact naps. it gets so exhausting just hugging her as she sleeps through short naps but apparently it lasts for awhile and some parents start to miss it altogether when they grow up. My daughter wants contact naps only in the mornings and afternoons but sleeps fine at night without touch, just has to be close enough to my body. most parents also shared about being careful when placing baby down and how long after is safe when they go into deeper sleep. i tried the 5 mins walking shushing patting method then 8 mins sitting snd holding. place baby leg butt body then head and continue soft patting until baby is calm reducing the intensity and sounds. if baby is breastfed remember to feed last before putting baby down because milk digests really fast and they wake up faster from short naps. but then my preference is to keep baby awake for longer stretchers when sun is up so i feed first then diaper change and play alil before naps. meanwhile its diaper and milk and down for a nap after sundown. im currently facing sleep regression or progression. thats when baby sleep cycle changes disturbing their sleep patterns but thats mostly a night time sleep issue. do check out with ur gynae what can be done okay. also yes watch out for colic and burp well.

Read more

Putting baby on the bed requires skills! Practice makes perfect. I swaddle my baby, after she falls alseep then i put her down. U need to hold your baby close to you, butt down 1st, pause, legs down, pause, tip of head down (back will be an arch), pause, hands into support back, pause, slowly remove arm that is under the neck, pause, slowly lower her back to touch the bed...

Read more

Hi mummy I completely understand your pain. After feeding and burping, we first swaddle the baby to get him in cosy mood then we sway her for 5 mins or so until baby is getting drowsy and wanting to sleep. Once the baby is asleep, we put him down very very carefully. Has been working for us for more than a month now

Read more

this worked for my son >> swaddle + white noise/ shhhh-ing + during entire process of transferring and lowering to bed hold bb super close to chest until bb is on bed then slowly lift yourself up and replace w your hand on chest and pat. can watch this to see how it’s done https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8wNV9Wu/

Read more

My baby recently went through this as well, not sure why but she went from a super napper to only wanting to sleep in my arms ard the same time. perhaps you can carrying baby until she is in deep sleep (usu 15-20min or more) and put down v v v gently as mentioned by the earlier comments... jyjy

12mo ago

yes hopefully its a phase that w pass soon... 💪💪 baby currently at 8 weeks and is still like this. Jiayou to us!

no it’s not, it’s colic and very normal. you can google what to do for colicky babies. babies sleep better in arms because there’s warmth and comfort that they are used to in the womb. it’s a phase that will pass

12mo ago

Normally how long will it last?

it's very normal they can't sleep by themselves yet until you sleep train them or they will sleep on their own. Babies and young kids like to sleep on the arms or stay very near to parents.

dont let your baby sleep everytime in your arm.She will use to it other wise u cant do anything in a whole day