Should Follow Formula Tin Recommendations Or PD?

New daddy here.. PD advised wk 1 newborn 50-60ml, then subsequent week increment of 10ml each. So by week 4 we feeding 100ml now. But the tin indicates wk 3/4 120ml.. Should we follow PD or the formulation recommendations? Diaper count and poo healthy still even when you following PD, but we don't want to over or under feed our LO... Any advice?

Should Follow Formula Tin Recommendations Or PD?
11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

1. Follow tin but do not force baby to finish bottle if you notice that baby is already pushing it 2. Follow tin but if you see that baby always spit out milk after feed, adjust accordingly. This is where your PD’s advise may come into play. More importantly, do not dilute. Please do the math based on tin instructions to get the reduced FM:water concentration

Read more

Follow baby cues. It's her tummy you are filling so she will let you know one. If for some medical reason your PD has given advice, then follow PD. Just make sure to prepare water level (as advised by tin instructions) correctly cos I made the mistake of too little water and my girl was constipated.

Read more
Super Mum

I've never followed the tin's table, each child has different needs so the tin cannot match every single child's need. For my girl even up to 1 year old she never drank more than 120ml each time. Your PD knows your baby better so I think you should follow PD.

It says on the tin ‘do not change proportions without medical advice’. You do have medical advice, which is your PD. Follow PD better since he’s got your baby’s personal details like weight and so on.

Follow ur baby cue. Individual baby feeding is different. For my girl when she was a month plus fed at 70ml. So it really depend on how much ur baby can take in

VIP Member

I would follow baby's cues, if still continue to show signs of hunger such as sticking of tongue, fussiness etc

TapFluencer

1. Baby 2. PD 3. Formula Tin (more importantly do not under or over dilute)

TapFluencer

Follow baby's cue/appetite PD advise or tin recommendation are only guide

VIP Member

See baby weight to determine quantity to feed.

Super Mum

Follow baby's cue...