Going to the zoo

Just needed to rant. The plan was to go to the zoo today. My MIL called last night and said we can't go, because her neighbour went there when she was pregnant and now her baby looks like a monkey. Had a huge fight with my husband because of this.

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

me too wanted to go to the zoo but my bro in law wife advised me not to go.. im like hmmm why eh.. but i really want to go to the zoo and see the animals.. i shared this with my dad on a conversation and he also told me not to go.. he told me his reasons of the zoo is not a good place for pregnant lady to go becos of the environments.. one is that zoo is not a "safe" place.. it is a forest to begin with.. not saying to believe to supernatural stuffs etc but if u think again, it make sense.. i rather listen tho. prolly ur mil is just using that reason to have u cancel the plan.. oh another reason was our immune system is low also.. not safe to pick up anything from the environment.. its not that clean in the zoo anyways..

Read more
3y ago

prolly she meant as a bad joke? lol.. go to gardens by the bay babe.. nicer, peaceful and aircon too..

I am sorry to hear that your plan has been disrupted. I am sure your MIL meant well; her intention is pure, i.e. to protect the unborn baby (as much as it sounded irrational and quite unreasonable). Isn’t it a blessing that even before your baby meet her grandmother, she already love him/her? Don’t let such uncalled event disturb your peace. Stay positive; a happy mana, a healthy baby! I wish you a lovely day. Take good care and God bless you and baby.

Read more
VIP Member

What logic is that! 😆 So if you go movie your baby will look like movie stars, by her logic. Don't mind her. If you really want to go, you just go. I hope your husband supports your desire. But just saying I read somewhere that it's not too advisable to visit zoo during pregnancy as our immune system is weak. But now since we wear mask n keep sanitizer handy I guess should be fine. I did visit bird park last month n everything is fine 😊

Read more
3y ago

Exactly! I always watch animal planet at home, and I don't know how different that is!

Maybe her neighbor’s husband looks like a monkey? Lol. JK. But seriously, don’t let these old wives superstitions affect you, if you listen to her, you’ll have to obey to her ridiculous nonsense over and over again. Don’t give in, need to stand firm to her. If it doesn’t make sense to you, by all means live your life.

Read more
TapFluencer

actually I feel that it's to be safe than sorry. maybe your mil just concern for you and she's more pantang. I don't believe in pantang stuff until one happen to me and from then I choose to just believe since it won't kill me. but I really did heard before this seeing monkey and something happen.

Hi, I would suggest please do not even pay attention to these things and if you really feel like going, just go with a positive outlook. At the end of the day mental and physical health of the mum is what matters the most for a healthy baby

VIP Member

I have no idea why they commented and think in that way. So does it means that since our neighbourhood have a lot of birds/dogs/cats , your baby will look like them? No way. Please don't be affected by that comment.

Urgh, I hate it when plans get ruined. Especially for unreasonable reasons. I'm glad you found this space here to rant anonymously, hope ranting it out has made you feel slightly better!

3y ago

Yes it does! So grateful for this space and community here!

Do people really believe this? That’s crazy. Go where you want to go. Of course must take water and food but that’s normal taking care of yourself things. Go and enjoy!

Super Mum

Sorry, I don’t mean to laugh but what???!! 😂 I’m sure your baby will be beautiful, don’t worry. What does your husband say? Does he worry about having monkey genes?

3y ago

He says we can still go, but have to go secretly and not let her find out. I told him I'm not going to act like a thief. That's how we started fighting 😪😪😪