Needed to rant

Needed to rant cause I know im being childish… I am actually jealous of my mum… My mum is helping me with confinement… so whenever baby cries, she will carry him… so much so that, when my baby is not comfortable and is crying in the middle of the night… i try my best to soothe him but he still crying and screaming, my mum will signal me and I handover baby to her.. and baby in her arms will stop crying. This happened so many times that I feel useless as a mum.. n also coz my breast milk is not thick, my mum will always jokingly say my milk so watery baby always hungry… always need to top up with Formula milk… I know she say as a fact, but it always made me feel like I’m a bad mum who can’t feed her baby…

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Cherish the fact that your mom is able to help you with your confinement. I regretted having a CN cos I don't get to see my newborn often as she sleeps in a separate room with him. In the middle of the night I can hear him crying, but I cannot go to him as she closed the door for her privacy as well. I miss my newborn's face and 1st month phase. She didn't allow me to carry him much as she's afraid I will wake him up (which translates to more work for her 🙄). I was also afraid that he might be attached to CN but now that he's in his 3rd month, he knows who his mom is. You could also be dealing with postnatal blues, it's normal. Take plenty of rest and carry him as much as you can ❤️

Read more