23 Replies

VIP Member

Babies’ nails grow very fast. I also saw scratches on my baby’s face and wondered how it got there when I just filed it. But I don’t think it’s itch. He is exploring his face and hand movement. If you are really very bothered by the scratches, maybe let your baby wear mittens. Those scratches heal quite fast too.

Super Mum

At this age, they’re exploring a lot with their hands. I gave my little one lots of things to hold.. rattles, books, etc. I put her in on the play gym so her hands were busy hitting the dangling toys rather than scratching herself

Mine has been scratching like that.. even now at 9 months still like that 🤦‍♀️ really have to cut until very very short and file. I also dont know what to do! She scratches her legs and chest and tummy too 😭

VIP Member

It’s normal...my baby also do that 😆😂 Face and ears have lots of scratch.. I use lucas pawpaw ointment for that.. I use mittens for my baby in the night to prevent she scratch by herself

VIP Member

hi..can try apply baby lotion on his face as it helps to heal the scratches..cause my baby also has lots of "marks" on the face too, after using lotion, it soothes her.. (:

Probably dry skin. My LO also had similar situation. PD said to moisturise twice daily until skin is smooth then change to moisturise once daily.

my older one always have new scratches when wake up in morning. we just keep on filing his nails so that its not so sharp

use baby cream or baby lotion....and let him wear mittens....I do same for my 5month old baby

Mine too. And... his toe nails also can scratch his legs until bleeding on bedsheet 🥸

I usually cut and file my LO nails every 5days or if i feel that his nails are growing

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles