Baby scratch n rub face

Hihi,my son turning 3 months soon. He kept rubbing his face ,even with mittens,face got patch red. We wanted to let him explore his fingers,cut nails till very short,trimmed,but today he still scratches himself when he was upset,then got blood... Haiz.. how u all manage? We want him explore,did our part ,still like this... How old will baby outgrow it?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Heya! As parents we only want the best for our children - and I’ll admit that I find myself worrying to a point of carrying out preventive measures. Truth is, exploring is exactly what they’re doing when they’re doing these things :) the scratches usually go away in a jiffy as babies’ skin heals amazingly well and fast. I find the mittens don’t help especially when they’re soaked in saliva and all baby’s doing is spreading saliva all over the face 🤣 which causes more acne 🤦🏻‍♀️ Don’t fret mama, this will go away in a month or so. In the meantime, don’t be too hard on yourself. I get that you’re trying to prevent your baby from harming himself - but it’s not intentional :) try giving him some stimulation like playing or singing with him. Maybe a baby gym or give him more tummy time - might work. Take care :)

Read more