My wife is pregnant with another man's child

My wife is pregnant with another man's child and the father wishes to be a part of the child's life. I am so confused and I feel like I am going into depression. Pls help to advice me.

96 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My ex-wife also cheated on me. But everyone’s story is different. Here’s what I can offer: 1) When woman cheated (especially with sexual intercourse), the woman doesn’t love you anymore. And they won’t ever again even if they think they can try. 2) You can forgive but never forget. If both of you have a child, his/her growing up is the number 1 priority over any argument, anger and fights. It’s possible to raise a happy child with separated parents who respect one another’s life. For this you’ll need a great amount of self love. You’ll need support from friends and family who are true to you and not enforce their own opinion on you. 3) Divorce in sg is a long procedure. By the time her other child is born the other guy still won’t be married to her yet because your divorce with her will still be in process (which probably have to start with 3-4years of separation first). Don’t put your name as the father of that child, hence her only option is to adopt her child (if they go ahead with having the child) by Singapore law. 4) You need to move out and find your own place. Fighting and demanding will never end up good for you, even if you are not in the wrong. Your number one priority now is your own child if you have one. Be the magnanimous one, this is the key to a much happier life that is already waiting for you. I can say this because I’ve been through this myself. It’s very tough... but it’s worth it. What’s happening to you now could be one of the worst or best things that happened to you. It’s life trying to challenge us.

Read more