My son's appetite has been quite poor of late, and as a result he wakes up early every morning hungry. I want to introduce powdered cereal in his milk bottle to give him a more filling dinner meal. Can anyone recommend a powdered cereal for this?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I agree with Diana. I never liked nor agree with the idea of adding cereal into milk because 1) risk of choking increases and 2) cereal is food whereas milk is a liquid, I wouldn't want to encourage my child to have his meals via the bottle. Perhaps you could dream feed him at night so that he wouldn't wake up so early? Or it could be what Diana suggest and that he might just want to have some comfort and wants to play.

Read more

Please avoid putting cereal in bottle, as baby might choke on the lumpy texture while drinking from bottle. In fact, your baby's night waking doesn't really associate with whether his tummy full or not. Some babies wake up at night to seek for comfort. If you suspect the night waking is due to hunger, you can tank up your baby during the day by nursing more frequent instead of introduce formula milk.

Read more