My son is teething really badly. Teething toys aren't really helping. Are there any teething gels or powder that you would recommend?

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Never heard of any teething powder. There is teething gel, Dentinox. I won’t recommend that though.. Have you tried this kind of teething feeder? My girl loves it. We always put frozen/cold fruits inside. It’s cold and sweet, so they will usually accept it unlike regular teething toys. Sometimes we freeze my bm and put it inside for her to suck on it also. Can be used even when they are older, not just when teething. Sometimes sick, no appetite. Then we freeze yogurt and put it inside the feeder for her. https://welovesupermom.com/products/30305-sassy-teething-feeder-2-pack-teething-feeder-replacement-bags

Read more
Post reply image

Try Barley water. Barley has natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and is super easy to make. Soak 1 cup of barley overnight and then cook barley with 2 1/3 cups of water for about 15 minutes. Drain excess cooking water and save. Once it has cooled you can rub some on inflamed gums

Nothing with chemical is good for your baby. Try to avoid where possible. I've heard good reviews about this teething toothbrush that can also double up as a teether. The size is just right and the handle prevents choking. I'm going to buy it soon and it should be available in kiddy palace.

Post reply image

I gave a Biochem(sister branch of Homeopathy) medicine, which are sweet and easily disoluble-.....never get stuck in throat or mouth. Its name is Calcarea Phos 6×. Very and Quick effective in terms of soothing and aids in teeth coming too.

Teething gels aren't a good option as they contain benzocaine which causes adverse effects on infants. You might want to try some home remedies like: 1. chilled bananas 2. rubbing clove oil on the gums. 3. Ice slush :)

Read more
VIP Member

If you are still breastfeeding, try freezing your breastmilk into a pacifier with its case. It's economical and nutritious! :) Otherwise, you may substitute milk for yoghurt or formula.

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

i find gel not useful after awhile. i usually put toys in fridge with a ziplock bag to make it cold. i use tcm method too. jing feng san to massage gum

Teetha it is called and it is V good. It is a natural remedy and comes in little sachets. I used it on my two kids..best of luck

I wouldn't recommend teething gels. You could try freezing the teething rings. My daughter enjoys it alot.

Post reply image
VIP Member

We used this on baby and it makes her feel much better. It's natural - coconut oil, clove oil and stevia

Post reply image