My mother in law has been a big help with the baby - but she is always around - and insists that the baby be in her room at night - so that I can get some sleep. As a result I am getting no "alone time" with my baby. It is making me feel miserable...but she is so helpful - how do i say something without hurting her feelings.

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Why not make it a routine, like alternate days routine. Just let her know, you will like to bond with baby despite tired, and letting her know, you also a mother, will be able to feel how i feel, i really miss the baby. Before it's getting out of hand, and you really got no chance to have time with ur baby, be firm. Like, "don't worry, you should be resting, tomorrow long day for you and baby again, just let me handle her night." Even if it's only at night, but sleeping together with baby is best bonding time. Throughout the day, my gmil play with him, bring him go down for a walk, but when it's come to napping or sleeping time, he will always look for me. If not, when your baby is older, baby don't want you and only follow grandma, than you will be more hurtful that time.

Read more