My daughter is turning 4 years old by June and she is not yet potty train ready. I've been exclusively cloth diapering her since she was 4 months to the present that I think she's so comfortable with it she doesn't want to pee or poo on the toilet. I bought her a potty seat with music, ended up selling it because it became a dust collector. Bought a potty toilet seat cover as well with her favorite character Dora but doesn't want to sit on it because Dora will get dirty. Been bribing her with prizes if she gets to pee or poo on the toilet but she still manages to hold them off. Please give me ideas/tips on how to potty train her. She'll soon be attending formal school and it would be awkward that her teacher still be the one to wash her when she goes to the toilet. Thank you in advance!

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

4 is really quite late. You should start ASAP. I would just go cold turkey and have her throw away her cloth diapers and tell her from now on she’s a big girl and she’s graduating to Panties. Be positive even if she has an accident and never shout at her because of it. Good luck mama

Read more