My 4yr old son is sensitive..observant..inquisitive but aggressive. We try to handle his aggressiveness calmly but at times I do loose my cool as I am the one spending most time with him. On his cooling, I explain to him. He agrees ....but mostly its back to square one. I feel he is such cos he has not had kids around and gets jumbled up in excitement and expressing. But maybe I am biased being his mother. What troubles me more....gives me sleepless nights is when prople swuirm and mock us because of him. worst thing is that he catches their body language. just fyi, he enjoys and prefers older kids like 7years onwards and not his own or younger...sadly we do not get often. I think I will go into depression. thanks for reading this patiently.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just read this post & realised that this is what I went through few years back till now. My boy was too aggressive, clumsy & rebellious. As I'm a single mother of 2, I have to juggle between work & kids. I can't handle him most of the time, so do the teachers at the childcare centre. I did Google for information about active kids & my boy behaviour matched to almost all symptoms on ADHD. Shallow my pride, got a referral to KKH. Hard to accept it but still he's my boy. Lucky that I've brought him earlier. It might be too late if check up to be done after 7years old. He's still on medication & so far after all the reviews at KKH, he's managable & get along with his sister & peers. Only thing is that as a mother, of course, it affected me so much but my kids are my responsibilities. Just don't bother about what people might say as they are not the one who feeds you & your family.

Read more