My 1 year old keeps getting small cuts/ bruises from playing around. What's a safe salve for me to use on him?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Cuts and bruises are among the most common injuries that one may sustain. These injuries are usually self-treatable at home without needing to consult a doctor. Cuts (or lacerations) are caused by sharp objects penetrating the skin. Depending on the depth of the cut, bleeding often occurs. Bruises result from hard contact with an object or a person. The impact causes an injury to the tissue below the skin , resulting in bleeding under the skin. Bruises progress from looking red, to blue or purple after a couple of hours, and turn yellow before they finally fade off. Dettol Antiseptic Cream

Read more
Post reply image

My best friend is a big fan of the Baby Bee Multipurpose Ointment. True to its name, my friend uses it on her baby boy for lots of reasons - diaper rash, small cuts and even as a moisturiser during winter. It is petroleum free and paediatrician-tested to be gentle enough for everyday use. I've used it as well, as a moisturiser during winter and it works pretty well. It retails for about S$16 on Kulily: http://www.kulily.com/burts-bees-baby-bee-multipurpose-ointment/

Read more
Post reply image

Try using aloe vera gel. It is an excellent remedy for healing and is cool and soothing. It can be used on burns and sunburns, as well as open wounds. My friend usually uses the same aloe vera gel that she applies on her baby's diaper rash on baby's cuts.

Post reply image

thanks