Feel like a failure

Hi mums. Recently I found that my baby likes to be held by my mother a lot. Whenever I carry her she cries. I carried her the same way my mums Carries her and she cry. But when my mum Carries she is so quiet and calm. I feel like a failure I can’t even carry and soothe her.. and my mum keeps telling me “see, you have to hold her like that”. Whenever I do it doesn’t work. And she kinda mocks me. Im a FTM and my mum doesn’t teach me much. She’s very old fashioned. I’m so frustrated and feel like I failed as a mum who can’t even soothe her daughter

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mummy! im a ftm too and has no one to help me take care of my baby. it's really hard to be in sync with your baby during the first few months but you'll get what she wants eventually. it takes time and patience so dont give up! i felt like a lousy mom before cos i cant make my baby stop crying but now, it's only me who can make him stop crying. also when you carry her when trying to soothe her, pls relax and be calm cos they easily pick up our emotions. remember, you are doing a good job and that you are a great mom! take care and all the best!

Read more
2y ago

Thank you 😊