Mums, just curious to know - was your husband/partner a help or hinderance during the first few weeks after giving birth?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

A big help! From the time I was pregnant he’s the one who did all the house chores,cooking and buying me foods, drop and pick me from my work, accompany me for all the check-ups,xrays,lab test. He’s with me during my labor and delivery. He brought all the things I and our baby needs. When we got home same thing, he’s the one doing everything as in everything you can name it, and me I focus only to our Lo. Until now he’s still helping me. House chores,groceries, washing baby’s bottles, cooking, laundry, etc...:)

Read more
3y ago

Your husBanD is Too swEet my husBand also wants to help me in everything but beCause of my parents in law he cant do anything they dont like why husband need to be work when wife is already there she can do all the house chores alone because it is a exercise and it will be good for baby and her

Help. He did not help much in physical work like changing diaper or cleaning the baby as he was also new to his role and we had hired a confinement nanny to take care of this work. However, I felt that hubby played an important role in providing moral support. My hubby was helpful in providing a listening ear to hear my discomfort and also helped in making decision and comforting me. I felt safer and more assured when he was with me during the 1st month to share the good and bad times with me.

Read more

No help. He didn't stay at the hospital with me after my c section. He hasnt got up once at night to help feed or change the baby even if hes already awake (hes almost 2 months now) and he still expects me to maintain a perfect clean house with food on the table WHILE I work a job. He didn't even baby sit. I got a man but I'm raising my son on my own. Most of yall are so lucky u got a man to help you I'm sure urs will do better than mine

Read more
VIP Member

Definitely a help. He was very proactive in caring for the child from Day 1 and did not shy away from poonamis and spit ups. He also pandered to my requests and was very accommodating to my needs. I was very pampered during my confinement. Even now, he does the laundry daily without any complaints and does the dishes and washes the baby's dirty diapers.

Read more

My husband tried his best to help in housework and take care of my elder kid after his working hours when I was in confinement period. He understands my pain and struggle. However, due to his busy working schedule I did not have very high expectation on him as I have other close family members to help me too.

Read more

No. Maybe moral support here and there but it's better not to rely on men because we all know women do the hard job

thanks

yes. he does most of the cooking

VIP Member

Help, extent wise questionable.

He’s a big help.