Hubby a help or hindrance?

Just curious mummies... was your hubby more of a help or hindrance weeks after you gave birth?

40 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

They are just clumsy at times and they dun have mother instinct after giving birth . Just like animals their first time give birth the mother animals naturally knows wad to do . Guys takes awhile . They might not know how to care for the baby but their job are more on the help wash things up more on support .they might be blur so we just got to guide them . But some guys abit bo chup want easy easy ,not like woman abit OCD in cleanliness . Just have a talk with them n mentally prepare your husband like tell him wads the importance of cleanliness In babies . Like me i would prefer to do things myself but sometimes we got to trust the husbands too n make them feel involved . But how u want to look after ur kid they got to respect ur decision .

Read more
VIP Member

Both myself and hubby were new parents 3 years ago and were very clueless at the beginning. We both struggled to get used to Parenthood and nothing could have prep us better than after the child was born. He helped whenever he could like getting me a drink, buying me food, chatting with me while I pump/latch, learned how to change diaper. It wasn't like 'Oh he is super!' but I am.still grateful for whatever he did.

Read more

lol this depend on individual hubby... mine did a great job during my confiment month but once he go back to work he totally can't & dun help W the baby as he complain he working tired and our bb very cranky not easy to handle, but to me I 24hrs taking care of bb more tired 😕

5y ago

yeah definitely. Kudos to you for doing it all! But i guess we really need all the help we can get, even if it's just for that crucial period.

Hubby helped to handle our older child when we had our second kid. Definitely helpful to have him around. Even when we had our first child, I was grateful having him around. But I guess it’d depend on how hands-on the man is.

VIP Member

my hubby give an awesome help! i didnt wake up in the middle of the night. he will help me feed the baby, change, and clean up. he want to make sure i really have a good rest. 😊😊😊

5y ago

thank you!! so just talk to hubby.. they will help 😀😀

My husband helps alot during the first few weeks after giving birth. He still does help even after PL has ended, especially with night shift duties (eventhough he works office hours).

5y ago

Aw that's really nice! super dad!

VIP Member

more of hindrance than help. he sleeps soundly through the night. wanna get preggo again few years from now and he has to pay back! LOL. but im serious and he's aware and agreeable too.

VIP Member

Definitely a help. I had to go to c-sec and hewas the one to help me get out of bed when I was struggling and caring for baby when I couldn't walk or lift heavy loads.

VIP Member

He was a big help. He cook for me at end part of my confinement and he bathe thebaby everyday cause I was told to rest. My job was just to rest and feed baby

VIP Member

Hubby more of a help although the more he helps, the messier it gets. But he’s there to comfort and ‘pampered’ LO and me. I’m grateful for his efforts...