Exercising in first trimester

Hello mums Can I exercise in first trimester? Light Jogging? F45? Squats? Really everything cannot do meh?? #advicepls #pregnancy

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think that it depends on how healthy the pregnancy is and how active you were. I used to be active, and my doctor suggested that both me and my baby are healthy, so throughout my first trimester I continued my workout. I felt energetic and it served me well. Still I think that you should talk to your doctor, he knows what's safe for you.

Read more

Have been practising yoga and did not stop when tested for pregnancy. I practise mainly hatha yoga, do inform your yoga teacher so he/she knows how to modify for you if required. As with all things, take it at your comfortable pace and stop if there’s anything amiss.

Hi! i'm suffering from very nauseous and vomitting. even gastric pain. so i avoid exercising for now but i used to exercise/gym three times a week or even more. its good for you do some light exercising for now. it depends on how active you were prior pregnancy.

Read more

I used to do F45 almost everyday and spin too for years. 11 weeks now and I’ve gone back to F45 mainly strength classes and some spin. I just take it easy and pace myself. :)

I was totally skipped all exercise during my 1st trimester as this is my first pregnancy and it’s an IVF pregnancy so I rather be extra cautious then losing it.

depends on how active you were before pregnancy, but suggest not to exercise during first trimester before unstable.. 2nd trimester onwards can try light exercise

wasn't really feeling up for anything vigorous during first trimester but I do go for night walks every other day when I can!

Best to skip exercise during first trimester. Wait till 2nd trimester wheb your pregnancy is more stable.

go for walks and minimise exercise in 1st tri as its a fragile stage. get more rest.

First trimester is very delicate, best to skip and wait till 2nd trimester to start