Childcare teachers are way too relax

Hi mums, have you ever drop your kids to the centre and realise that the teachers are just hanging around and not teaching anything ? Is it normal or should i write feedback to them ? I feel like they should be more serious in teaching the kids even tho its just a playgroup

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How about u try volunteer for a week and see if Playgroup children are interested in play or lesson? Don’t be too quick to judge. Teachers are humans too and I believe they are doing their best to ensure children settle quickly in school and follow routine accordingly to ensure smooth transition when they move up. This way children can be trained to be more discipline. Anyways preschools should be more relax and allowing children to play and interact as well as refining their fine motor skills and life skills. These are the important foundations that should be concentrated in preschool years. Just my 2cents.

Read more
2y ago

Thats the reason i wrote this post . It was “a question” so chill. Now that i know . Thanks

Maybe u can define hanging around n more serious? What do u want to see them do? Considering the fact that it's playgroup level n kids that age can't really follow schedules I think its ok? And if u r talking about morning drop off n seeing the teachers "hanging around" pretty sure thats normal as they have free play time in the morning dropoff timing

Read more

I don’t think teachers are hanging around. I a m a teacher myself too. And we have too many things to do at work. ESP with younger children. We tend to focus more on their social skills, instead of conducting lessons. as at this age, getting them used to school and making new friends is more important.

Read more

usually for playgroup will start lesson at 10am till 12noon. lunch then routine and nap. will continue again from 4pm till 5pm. all levels are the same. i believe the school will paste a timetable on the communication book. you may want to check.

Hi mummy, i studied child psychology. There is no teaching in playgroup; children learn through play. Early years it's more about observing their physical, intellectual, emotional, and, social development.

What time do you see the Teachers hanging around? Because there are time schedules to follow though

2y ago

I saw it on their small group time around 10am 🙂🙂 but its okay i was just wondering anyway. Thanks for all the answers

VIP Member

why not u volunteer to be a playgroup teacher for a month? then you talk.

2y ago

Says the one who answered stupid questions 🥲👆🏻 genius

Yeah I realised that sometimes… at least for my son’s school

2y ago

Same here!