post Maternity Leave

hello mums, just curious whether most of u return to work after your ML had ended or yall took sabbatical leave/resign just so u can have more time w your newborn until they turn older? wish to spend more time w my newborn and doesn't wish to skip any of their first moments. :(

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Use up all of my 4 months ML and proceed back to work. Didnt take any sabbatical leave or resign. For my #1 I only changed to PT position to suit my working time with her school routine. As for my #2, while preggy with her, I resign before contract end because I cant continue to be in hotel line despite the offer to change department. Then, after give birth I had a very long break Feb 23 - Aug 23 before starting a new job up till present.

Read more

Tried using my AL to extend my ML but was rejected due to manpower shortage so die die still need to go to work. But everyday i would miss my baby and couldnt stop thinking abt him at work. Always look forward to end of work just to fetch him from infant care. I dont wish to quit as in this economy, its very hard to secure a job, and household would need 2 person income to survive esp with baby

Read more

4 mths of ML + 2mths NPL. I'm a teacher and so I wasn't working for 2 terms aft giving birth to my first. Now with my 2nd and likely taking the same though I'd very much want to extend further but subject to approval.

4mo ago

good your boss approve your NPL. my dept shortage manpower cant do that. but company policy can request up to 6 weeks npl from HR.

that's why honestly having 4 months of paid ML is actually not sufficient. government shld really look into this again don't you guys think so?

I took 4 months of no pay leave after the end of my ML. No regrets

seek your manager advice if the company allow to take unpaid leave