Anyone leave your newborn with just your helper at home when returning to work after Maternity Leave?

Our parents are all working and we have hired a helper to look after our newborn when I need to return to office after the maternity leave. Just wanna know if anyone also does the same? TIA :)

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it depends. Our family’s helper has been with us for 30 years so I would trust her since she’s helped with my sister’s kids too. New helpers also take time to adjust to sg and your family and may be overwhelmed. Also depends on whether your helpers demeanour is good with kids, and also whether they have prior experience caring for kids. I myself have been debating infant care vs a new helper at my own home (since our family helper is at my parent’s). I think infant care is thrice the cost and also has horror stories occasionally. So again, you have to find one that feels good for you and baby.

Read more

After 2 helpers that we hired failed to ensure us that our child’s safety is their priority, my hubby gave up side hassles and focused on night shift. As for me, I left my job and found a nearby less stressful work. It’s been a year since my hubby and I take turns in raising our child with both full time job. We dare not to send to IFC as we are concerned about our child’s safety. I would say that it is physically exhausting, mentally draining yet fulfilling as we see his milestones ourselves. 😘

Read more

I would not take the risk as im working in a place where i get to meet foreigners (helper) abused children… better to have atleast 1 family members/friends to be with the helper at all time when youre away. Im sending my baby to infant care cos i dont wanna take the risk. Phobia after seeing all this people and hearing their stories..

Read more
2y ago

Unless the helper has been working for you for all the while and you trust her. If its a new helper you just hired to babysit your newborn, i recommend to have atleast one supervision around.

I won't leave my baby with helper unless there is another pair of eyes in the house. Just want to make sure she treats my baby well. I sought help from my mum to tc of baby when I need to work out of the office.

In my opinion, I dare not put my little one with the helper. I've heard too many horror stories to take that risk. my priority is to have my parents help or worst case, infantcare.

I dare not take the risk with no adult supervision thus I enrolled my nb in infantcare instead of hiring a helper to take care of my baby

VIP Member

Done this for my #1, and going to leave my #2 with my helper after my ML. While #1 goes to childcare

Yes. I leave my newborn at home with my helper most times when I work.

Not recommended, IFC is better