Savings

Hey mums, can anyone kindly share how do they save their money and how do you to control your expenses. Thank you!

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1) have a family fix saving account like saving 100-200/spouse each month. 2) Saving/investing smaller fixed amount monthly for shorter duration for a start. 3) expense, you can see forum/carousel that people sell their baby stuff like totally new or use maybe 2-3 times as baby grow so fast. 4) go to our neighboring countries and shop for high quality stuff. Their high quality stuff is equivalent to quality here yet easy on our pocket due to exchange rate. Hope it helps!😊

Read more
Super Mum

Have a monthly budget for expenditures in each aspect of your life, and open a savings account that automatically credits a fixed amount into that account monthly so you won't be tempted to touch it. When it comes to spending, putting in effort to source out cheaper alternatives is extremely worth it (comparing online buys (and looking out for coupons/sales) and buying from physical shops, even between supermarkets versus HDB shops). The savings can be amazing.

Read more
VIP Member

The moment you receive your salary, you put aside the savings and don’t use it. Lock it if necessary and just utilise the amount left for expenses. Works for me. Ultimately, you’d need to exercise self discipline - always purchase what you need and limit yourself to getting 1-2 of what you want per month

Read more
VIP Member

There's no hard and fast rule when it comes to saving but you should definitely put aside a certain percentage of your salary in the bank. As for controlling your expenses, buy stuff that you and your family need (:

I used to be not able to save at all. Then after married tried to change. Now able to save 60% of income with 2 kids. Basically live within your meant. Don't overspend and buy unnecesaary stuffs. All the best.

VIP Member

Open an e savings account. Set a date and amount of money you wanna save each month. Then refrained yourself from touching that account money.

VIP Member

Allocate fixed amounts for expenditure and savings. Be diligent to track it. U can try expense and income app trackers.

Usually take out how much I need in a month and go out without the cards. That way I can see how much I'm spending

Super Mum

Must have self discipline. Try not to eat out in restaurants so often. Cook simple meals at home can save a lot.

Throw an amount at the start of month to saving and spend the remaining.. any balance is a bonus