work right after giving birth

Any mummy here works part time right after giving birth (i.e. 1week post partum)? Given my current financial state, i feel i need to work as soon as possible. The job im looking at has operation hrs from 3-8.30 max, 4 days per week. (Could be lesser if part time) and it is just a walking distance (<5 mins walk) from my sisters place. Is this a crazy idea or smtg feasible y'll think?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m not sure about you, my Friend, but I was so tired from the delivery + trying to cope with a new baby + the crazy pumping schedule (every 2-3hourly throughout the day n night) that my brain couldn’t really function throughout my confinement. So I wouldn’t say it’s not feasible, i would say it’s very very hard?

Read more
5y ago

😂 hi five! 👋🏼

At least finish your confinement period, you'll need to recover well in order to work. It's very tiring after delivering. Understand that you need to work asap, but you need to heal and have the energy for it. You deserve this 28days of rest!

5y ago

Thank u fr yr advice. Will definitely reconsider.

VIP Member

I feel that you should at least get a full 28 days rest before work. It’s to rest and recover from the birth. Don’t stress yourself too much.

VIP Member

U should rest and recover. If you dont take care of urself during this period, in the long run, may cause more health issue

VIP Member

Hi... suggest you work after your confinement period. You need time to rest and for your body to recover after labor

Mm...its best you have at least complete your confinement period which is 28days

VIP Member

Hmm at least wait 1 month to recover first. Health more important

I would suggest at least 1 mth rest first

Super Mum

You should rest for at least 1 month.

5y ago

Thank u fr yr advice. Will definitely reconsider.

Why not work at home?

5y ago

Ive looked ard at various platforms like mums@wrk. But my skills are pretty limited. & Dg surveys are quite restrictive as there isnt much per day. Im open to suggestions if u'd like to share...