What do you eat during GDM?

Hi Mummies, I’m a ftm here and recently got diagnosed with GDM after i failed my OGTT. May i know what kind of food do you take? I’m meeting a dietitian only next week and would like to change my eating lifestyle as soon as i can before a proper session with the dietitian.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hi Siti, Im a borderline GDM, sadly failed by 0.2. - Cut down on my carb, esp white rice. - Everything wholemeal, bread, noodles, etc - No Milo, no full cream milk, stopped similac mum. Substitute to Low fat milk & unsweetened soya bean. - Lots of hard boiled eggs - Sweet potatoes 🍠 - No pastries, chocolates, ice-creams - No fast food, no fried food I only snacks on fresh fruits & nuts, that’s it. I just need to bear till May. That’s all..

Read more

Hi Siti, I was also diagnosed with gdm. I settled my meals mainly on salads where you can have fun with the ingredients you may add, including grilled chicken, grilled salmon, egg, cheese, ham, beef etc. Else I will brew my own soups and make steamboat at home, but stay away from too much processed food! I used to add chicken, fish, tofu, glass noodles and veggies into my steamboat 😊

Read more

I had apples, blueberries, nuts, low fat milk, donki’s red rock melons. I totally cut myself off frm rice (i ate only sides). I did still take fried food but lower only. 😂

2y ago

I gave birth last aug. I was diagnosed at wk 20. Which apparently turned out i had diabetes as per my gynae’s guess. I had a whole envy apple for one meal. Hubby doesnt take brown rice so i have red n white at hm..

I'm also diagnosed with gdm. For me, I cut down on my portion of carbs. Fried food should also be minimised, because the breading contains carbs too.