Instant oats for GDM?

I was just diagnosed to have GDM today :( only next week then consult with dietitian. At the moment, I am trying to plan my diet plan for my breakfast as I usually will get the simplest possible. Do you all know whether I can put instant oats (Quaker Oat) into my diet? I most likely will add a bit of milo powder to give the taste. Thanks. #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

The oats are fine, Milo powder is definitely a no-no. The main culprit that triggers my sugar spike is Milo. I’m a borderline GDM by the way.. get a glucometer to read your sugar levels. That way, you’ll know which are the big NOs. Try overnight oats with LOW-FAT milk. You can add some fruits to it for extra taste.

Read more
VIP Member

I don’t have GDM but I usually boil roll oats with chicken stock (boil from chicken bone) with shredded chicken or a meat of your choice, add abit of salt to taste and beat an egg in before I off the fire, and it’s the texture of congee, healthier, less carbs and not too sinful for me…

should be ok but portion wise can’t be too much either. milo powder has a lot of sugar, try adding cinnamon powder instead