Hello Mummies I have a question how do we store out Breastmilk in two door fridge freezer. 1) Do we usually fill up the storage bag till full with milk then take out from the fridge thaw within 24hr to consume(afraid that the balance milk will go wasted cause is not the exact amout bby drinking) OR We filled up all e bag eg to 80ml easier for me as baby drink that amount just thaw and ready to drink no need keep pouring to make right amount but problem is as weeks go by baby intake will increase and all the frozen will be at 80ml 2)i read up that chilled milk that kept (3-8days) is better than those frozen milk that we stored Could mummies advice me the best way to store the milk Thank You!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello mummy, 1) u can store bm milk for ur convenient (e.g. 80ml to 120ml). Remember to flatten the storage bag and keep the air and bubble out. 2) chilled bm is always better then frozen bm. Chilled bm can store up to 3 day but after that, you can store those unused in storage bag and make it frozen bm. To thaw bm.. u just take the frozen bm down to the chilled door as you can left it there the night before. Whatever bm thaw, it have to be consume within 24hrs. Hope this helps.

Read more