infant frightened easily bynoise

Hi mummies How do i train my baby to be more immune to loud sound? He is easily scared when there is loud sound like my husband sneeze. When he sleep any noise will wake him up easily. How should i overcome this idont want him to be so easily frighten as there is only somuch i can do to protect him from loud noise. Once he goes to childcare in the future i cant monitor that.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

There is a thing that my family does from generation to generation...it takes courage to do this to your child...not for the weak heart...lol anyway in my family the child is exposed to loud noise once on purpose...we use pots and drop it on purpose. It will make a loud noise and the baby is of course shocked...very likely to cry and from then on baby no longer gets frightened easily by loud noise...it worked for my children and in our family...

Read more
Super Mum

That’s normal when baby’s about 1-4 months old. It gets better after that. In the meantime, you can introduce white noise to help:) On the bright side, reacting to loud sounds also means baby’s hearing is intact:)

VIP Member

Let him sleep during the day with the tv or radio on as usual.. at home we will also talk n laugh like normal frm the start.. so our kids are v used to noises alr

VIP Member

When my baby was infant he was also easily startled