Baby hearing

I pregnant 29weeks now, today a sharp thunder scared me, but my baby no reaction. Last month people throw cartoon box, I feel the sound so loud, I got scared, but baby no reaction. I heard people say baby can hear in the womb, they can react to a sudden loud sound. But my baby seems block all the loud sound, never react on that. Is it normal? So worry if he is having hearing problem. What I should do?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Your baby is very very very well protected inside your tummy under many layers so it’s perfectly normal for baby not to hear these sounds. Also even if they can hear, it’s like white noise to them. Even if you’re playing the music from your phone and putting it near your tummy, baby might not react to it. Not because they can’t hear, but some babies only react to certain sounds. For my baby, everytime “Happy” comes on while I’m in a grab, or happy birthday when I’m watching videos, she will keep moving. If I played Mozart or baby instrumental musics, she doesn’t react to them hahah. So don’t worry~

Read more
VIP Member

You can try play some dolphin sound/music. The baby might react. I heard from my friends recently and played the music my baby have quite a bit of movement. But I not used to the dolphin sounds so only on for awhile to try

my baby reacts to scorpions wind of change or still loving u 😅 try different genre your baby got their own 'character' too 😃