Missed Miscarriage

Hi mummies, Has anyone had a missed miscarriage before?? I was pregnant and had my first scan at 8 weeks. Gynea told me fetus looks very small and scheduled for another appointment. On my 2nd appointment, my scan showed an empty womb - no more fetus. Gynea said I had a missed miscarriage. I had no bleeding or cramps, just really mild light brown discharge a few days before. I was shocked of course, cuz I didn’t feel anything. I’m really struggling to accept what has happened. Gynea said there is no reason for what has happened and advised me to rest. I took a pill the following day to “complete” the miscarriage naturally and it was the most horrible day. It has been almost a month but I’m still sad. I don’t have close friends that have went through this. And I haven’t spoken to anyone about this (other than my husband). I need your advices mummies.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its tough for sure. I had something similar happen to and what worked for me was to share my pain w my loved ones. A loss is a loss no matter how small. Grieve as much as you need but try to look on the bright side and take comfort in the fact that you can conceive naturally. Once you feel better, you can look forward to try for ur next one 😊

Read more
3y ago

Thank you Shir for your kind words and I’m feeling better now. 😊 Really hoping to be a parent soon in the next 2 yrs!