Missed Miscarriage

Hi mummies, Has anyone had a missed miscarriage before?? I was pregnant and had my first scan at 8 weeks. Gynea told me fetus looks very small and scheduled for another appointment. On my 2nd appointment, my scan showed an empty womb - no more fetus. Gynea said I had a missed miscarriage. I had no bleeding or cramps, just really mild light brown discharge a few days before. I was shocked of course, cuz I didn’t feel anything. I’m really struggling to accept what has happened. Gynea said there is no reason for what has happened and advised me to rest. I took a pill the following day to “complete” the miscarriage naturally and it was the most horrible day. It has been almost a month but I’m still sad. I don’t have close friends that have went through this. And I haven’t spoken to anyone about this (other than my husband). I need your advices mummies.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I totally feel you. Grieve as long as you want. I've had 2 natural miscarriages and it's so heartbreaking with 1 that happened last yr. But I was bleeding quite heavily for 2 wks. My gestational sac stayed at the same size for that 2 weeks and suddenly no more. Sonographer can only see debris in the sac. It was a traumatic miscarriage cos I saw the sac coming out of me into the toilet bowl & I picked it up.

Read more
3y ago

I’m sorry to hear that and sorry for your loss. It’s terrible what you went through. It is really heartbreaking. Before this, I’ve had an early miscarriage or “biochemical pregnancy” as they called it but I didn’t feel so emotional as I didn’t know I was pregnant. But this one, I dunno, I just can’t move on. It feels unsettling that it could happen without me realizing it or feeling any pain. My gynea also couldn’t give me a medical reason to how or why this happened. Did you find out what caused your miscarriage?