Breast pump

Hello mummies! Did you get breastpump prior to delivery, regardless whether you're able to yield milk supply or you only get it once baby is out and you know you're able to yield milk supply?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I borrowed a pump from my SIL and bought new breastpump parts. I barely yielded anything for the first few of weeks. I had to supplement with formula for 3 months. For me it was from very consistent pumping every 3 hours and direct latching. My yield improved only after I saw a board certified lactation consultant as I had the flange size wrong on one side and it was 0ml most of the time. I also had problem latching which also only somewhat improved after I saw the LC. We weaned off formula supplementation at 3 months. I did include Legendairy Milk boosters which works for me over time. Now I have sufficient bm for my baby and I am able to have a tiny frozen stash. If you're up for it, you may have to try to persist to improve yield. If it's too overwhelming for you, it's okay too. Fed is best for me!

Read more

yes i would get breastpump before delivery. but due to experience, i would buy the manual pump first as its cheaper and i can try and see if its comfortable. once im happy with the fit then later on buy the electric pump.

Yes, I had both portable and hospital grade on standby before delivery and they came in useful as my supply came in 2-3 days after delivery and I had to use them for engorgment within the first week

3y ago

hospital grade meaning? have been seeing this term frequently but don't really understand as I'm ftm here 😅

Borrowed my cousin’s pump (Philips avent single side) during the first few months. When I decided to be an exclusively pumping mummy, I needed a more efficient pump, then I went to buy S1.

I borrowed both s1 n s9+ from friends throughout my 1st preg. 2nd preg I borrowed s1 first. Once my milk kicks in, I bought s9+ from q10. it came within a week

I bought the manual pump first. And then bought the electric one a few weeks later.. but rarely use as baby prefers direct latch to bottle-feed.

4y ago

Yup, that’s the one.

TapFluencer

I got haakaa first and only bought the pump 2nd day after confirming I have breastmilk with LC and my pump arrives 2nd week after I give birth

4y ago

no I latch my baby for the first 2 weeks and haakaa no issue my milk kick in 4th day after I give birth. and I'm over supply too.

TapFluencer

I bought it maybe during 6 months pregnant because I already plan to pump to store for the next 6 months postpartum

3y ago

There is no such thing like no milk supply in my dictionary. Mother milk is like an ocean, never ending. I only need to go to class to find out how to find it and keep it coming.

I bought it before delivery and like other mummies here, I also bought the manual pump and direct latch.

I bought a spectra S9+ and a Haakaa manual pump on standby. If no breastmilk can sell away 😅