Breast pump

Hello mummies! Did you get breastpump prior to delivery, regardless whether you're able to yield milk supply or you only get it once baby is out and you know you're able to yield milk supply?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I borrowed a pump from my SIL and bought new breastpump parts. I barely yielded anything for the first few of weeks. I had to supplement with formula for 3 months. For me it was from very consistent pumping every 3 hours and direct latching. My yield improved only after I saw a board certified lactation consultant as I had the flange size wrong on one side and it was 0ml most of the time. I also had problem latching which also only somewhat improved after I saw the LC. We weaned off formula supplementation at 3 months. I did include Legendairy Milk boosters which works for me over time. Now I have sufficient bm for my baby and I am able to have a tiny frozen stash. If you're up for it, you may have to try to persist to improve yield. If it's too overwhelming for you, it's okay too. Fed is best for me!

Read more