Hi! Any mummies who are infant care teachers/ educarer, be it full time or trainee? Care to share your experience? Is it manageable and easy to juggle work and your own young children as well? Am considering to work for infant care as I love babies... up till 18mo. My lo is 20mo and already missing being around an infant. Wondering if suitable.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm a CC educarer. Passion and patience are very important. It's not as easy as just taking care of children there are many other things involved. Talking to parents, grandparents, handling complaints, building rapport with them and all the admin stuff u will be surprised to know that even IFC Teachers need to plan very simple lesson for the 3-5 babies u are taking care of. We are not nannies, we are educarer nurturing young lives. If u are determined and u think u have both passion and patience u can give it a try. If not, I suggest u not to. Cuz not everyone is a cut out for IFC or CC Teachers. And children's happiness is at stake.

Read more

To be an infant care educarer, you need to go through proper channel. Speaking of which, you need to go through a proper course with a reliable institute for training. From there, you are able to decide if you want to be an educarer. I have come across many that want to be an educarer but got stuck halfway. Being an educarer is not just about being with babies/children but also being able to communicate with other educarers too. Dedication. Determination. There are exams and training to sat on. Not easy. Tough journey but a fruitful one. I'm an educarer. Teaching infants, toddlers, nurseries, K1 & K2.

Read more

Hi mummy! I’m not an infant care teacher but I know of a Friend who is. Loving to be around babies and playing with them is really different from actually being with them all the time and caring for their every need. It’s a lot of having to work with other people. Also, are you someone that feels drained easily by too much interaction? All these factors come into play. But if you have a great passion for it and willing to try, it’s something to consider :) all the best!

Read more

I was also very interested in this area but you really need a passion. Sometimes you can't make passion your work, you have to make your strength your work. Teachers have many admin stuffs to do besides the normal teaching and playing with kids. And I know the pay for this industry is still not very competitive, so you must be realistic about the salary too.

Read more
8y ago

Yes. Agree. am okay with the salary. and used to work as an admin too.

You got infant cert to qualify working in infant care? You need to bring work back home, lesson plan for them somemore it will be individual lesson plan due to their interest. Is really tired end of the day because not 1:1.

Teachers need passion, its a not just a job but rather a lifestyle. If you love it, you will succeed. However being a teacher and caring for your own kids is a different ball game. You need to weigh the pros and cons.

8y ago

I am ifc teacher and I can say is not as easy. U gonna do more than what bring a mummy .. hahha cos u handling others kids

I'm a infant educarer. I resigned after I give birth.