Infant care

Hi dear mummies and mummy to be, Im looking for infant care services (childcare) now from childcare centre. I have a little problem whereby i got a slot in jan 2024. However i needed to head to work mid nov the latest. I will need infant care services during nov and dec. I found another infant care that i can enroll from oct 2023 onward. Im wondering if any mummy know if we can place baby in one infant care for 2 mths and then transfer to the preferred one which is nearer to my home. Would love to hear any suggestions or advices =)#firsttimemom #firstbaby

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mummy to be, based on my previous experience.. Place your interest of your preferred IFC (secure the slot once they have), meanwhile enrol your baby to the standby one as you can withdraw after that.. We did e same for my firstborn as we couldn’t get a slot from 3 IFC around our area and we went to one that few KM away and transferred her after we got notified that there’s slot with one nearby.. Not sure how long we waited though as it has been awhile ago..

Read more
1y ago

Inform e standby IFC that you’re transferring when date closer if you are getting Govt grant as there’s paperwork to be done with ECDA

Yes it is possible. You can take up the space Oct 2023 then after which withdraw within a month when you get your another slot. However, you are not allowed to place your name under two places (correct me if i am wrong) as they do have waitlist. As IFC has limited slots at each centre, you are highly advice to take the ones you preferred.

Read more
1y ago

Yeah you can, they will definitely help and give you the best possible solution.