Baby nails

Hi mummies! When do u start trimming your LO nails? My LO's mittens kept dropping and recently I couldnt find the lost mitten back fast enough which resulted my LO face to have 3 fingernail scratches. Also any product recommendations or tips to trim the nails? They are so tiny and now we just rely on mittens. TIA!

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I cut from the first week of life. Mittens kept dropping and she scratched herself on the 2nd day already. It’s actually not difficult to cut. Use baby sized nail clippers, gently hold the finger and pull the flesh away from the nail, then slide the clipper in and cut.

I started at 1month.. Use baby clippers and file them. For me i would usually check every 3 to 5 days if the nails are sharp and long cuz they grow fast. Try doing it when ur baby is sleeping as there is lesser movement. Good luck.

VIP Member

After 1 month. I am using Lollababy Electric Nail Trimmer. It’s better than a nail clipper since babies’ nails are so small. I need to trim every 2-3 days.

VIP Member

As long as you see that it has grown long enough you can use baby nail clippers to trim. Careful not to cut in too deep.

VIP Member

U may can start n cut with baby trimmer after immediate bath it helps to soften the nails n easily come out

VIP Member

After 1 month. I use baby nail scissor to cut. Then file.

VIP Member

I just cut his finger nails when he was 40days old

1 month old onwards we started for my boy..

After 1 month Small nail clipper

Trim after 1 month old