Make Baby Sleep

Hi mummies, when you start let children sleep by their self? And how to train baby sleep at bed without carry. My 8 month baby now I still use baby sling to make him sleep..

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Sleep trained from about 5 months. Baby’s in her own room. We put her down and go out and close the door. (Baby monitor’s on). There are multiple methods of sleep training, from the no-tears method to the check in method to the cry it out method and so on. Have a read up and see what you would like to try. The important thing is to be consistent and not give up:)

Read more

Sleep-trained since 2 months. I put her in her cot and she will hug onto her pillow, then will pat and stay with her till she falls asleep. Initially, she will cries non-stop, and if the crying gets out of hand, then will carry and slowly put her in again when she is drowsy. I did it at the same timing everyday for 1 month and on the same lullaby.

Read more
TapFluencer

I let my baby sleep by herself since birth we are co sleeping. All I need to do is just off the lights play some music she will sleep herself. At times need to pat her. I think you should remove the sling and put baby on bed when half asleep straight change to bed baby sure will fussy cos used to the warmness

Read more
VIP Member

He cosleep with us after a few months. After he selfweaned latching to sleep around 8 or 9 months we would pat him to sleep. Then few months after that he started to self soothe by sucking on this label on his pillow. He's a funny baby, always seem to "level up" on his own lol

VIP Member

It took me awhile...I am the one with separation anxiety...lol