Hi mummies, when can the lo starts taking eggs?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I started feeding egg yolk to my LO at 7 months, and intend to do whites when she is closer to 1 year old (before her MMR vaccine). Having said that, I made some banana pancakes with whole eggs for her older brothers and she had some :)

If both you and your husband have no food allergies, you can introduce egg yolk as early as 6MO and monitor closely for any reactions. Introduce the same food for 3 consecutive days without offering others. My boy took whole egg at 7MO.

7y ago

ok sure. My boy now is 7months old. So trying to introduce it more variety of healthy food.

There are 2 school of thoughts about allergens. 1) start early to prevent allergy. 2) delay introduction to after 1. Which grp do u belong to? I feed whole egg to my boy at 7 months. No problem for him at all

Better to start after a year old. My husbands side has a history of eczema and allergy etc so im very cautious. If its clear on your end, then maybe you can try earlier 8mths to 1 year old.

VIP Member

I start egg yolka since 4 months old.. Do not give egg whites as its not digestable at such young age

I start feeding my baby at 6mth plus , i made scrambles with his formula milk in it..he love it very much

8 months onwards can start egg yolk and 11 months for egg whites. Generally speaking.

VIP Member

I started giving at around 8 months. Start with egg yolk first then egg white.

VIP Member

i started egg yolk at 8mo, i mixed into their porridge. egg whites at 1yo!

Usually 1 yr I hear. Especially egg white