When is the best time to start taking the little one into a swimming pool?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Generally, a baby can start learning swimming any time. However, it is advised to introduce your baby into a usual swimming pool after 6 months old. To prepare your baby for swimming, you can first try submerging your baby’s body in a tub at home while supporting his/her head. This is to get them comfortable with being submerged with their faces out of the water. There are a number of swimming classes available for infants. I’ve heard good reviews of Aqua Bambinos. Lessons are held in their indoor pool where the water temperature and chlorine levels are monitored. They have infant classes for infants from 6-12 months old. You can sign up for a trial class if you are interested. Location: 45 Burghley Drive The last I’ve heard, each lesson is $28 (but it could have gone up) and the ration of teacher to parent-child is kept at 1:6. http://www.aquabambinos.com.sg/lesson-for-babies/

Read more

Babies are natural born swimmers and you can sign up for classes once they are 6 months old. Younger babies can opt to join Babyspa but I personally think it's a waste of money. I've signed up for a trial lesson for my son with Little Splashes during the baby fair in January. He hasn't started yet but when he does, he will be about 7 months old. I've heard good reviews about Little Splashes and they have heated indoor pool which I found was important to me. Each lesson is only 30minutes long.

Read more

Some private baby swimming classes start as early as four weeks. There's no need to wait until your baby is immunized before taking him to a pool. If your baby is younger than six months old, look for a pool that's heated to about 32 degrees C. It's best to go to baby swimming lessons in warm pools

Its better to wait until at least 2 months before you take them swimming, although some private classes offer after 4 weeks. Happy splashing!

Its generally best to wait until your baby is around 2 months old before you take them swimming.

thanks

I started when my daughter 3mo

VIP Member

After 6 months would be good.

The sooner the better

VIP Member

After 2 months old