Nap time for 3 months

Hi mummies! Would like to get some advice… my 2 months bb will be turning 3 months soon. Her nap times nowadays have been very short, at most 30 mins… what can I do to increase her nap time? It’s so frustrating sometimes because she nap so little… she used to be able to sleep 2-3 hours. However, she has been sleeping well at night though, we usually put her to bed at around 7.30pm-8pm and will wake up at 7am or so with feeds in between the night. Any advice? :’)#FTM #pleasehelp

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

i think i shared this earlier. i noticed babies who sleep well through the night without contact or touch have shorter afternoon naps! i resorted to contact naps, aka not doing much chores and holding her for an hour times three every afternoon and morning haha. but now she nurses to sleep so i leave her be for thirty mins, come back when she stirs to feed or hug and shes out cold again for another thirty ish. wakes up like a champ! im grateful the long stretches at night are non contact. if baby wakes up happy and stays happy for an hour ish after the nap, it might mean theyre okay with the weird short naps. i hated it haha because no time to cook, toilet, clean etc. but it gets better. try patting, hugging, cuddles or just being nearby. i have a little table for my netflix/lunches/reading/folding clothes near where baby sleeps so at least something gets done. also check if its too cold or warmish at five months, my baby is doing 1-1.5 hour naps per nap three times a day with intermittent wakes. so yea ive made my peace hahahaha. its gonna be shorter and shorter 🫣

Read more

same as mine...mine is 10 weeks old soon 3 mths...mine sleep longer at nite whn day time idk he nap or sleep aso...as he sleep ard half n hr to an hr too...

30mins is normal. their nap will get lesser/shorter as they grow